Contributors

News Flash:

BUSY BUSY BUSY !!!

He's coming to see me next week ((:

Plushi-o-logy is back in business. Be sure to check out the latest collections =D

I'm swamped with essays and tests ):

Requesting Sandra to be my email-pal.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Blogshop-o-logy

It seems I'm really getting into this blogshop thing. Right now, blogshop traffic isn't really on my priority list, I'm just having all the fun in getting my blogshop to look great. I'm even considering getting another blogshop set up for my own stuff, get rid of my clutter at really low prices. After all, there really isn't any harm in it. Setting up a blogshop is free, and if it's successful, there's really alot of knowledge and experience to be gained from it. Moreover, I really get a kick out of creating it. It's intriguing really, bringing me back to my poly days; all the trial-and-error coding. Although there isn't really much I want to remember from my poly days, I'd say it's a strange nostalgic feeling and improving one's IT knowledge, or adding to it for that matter, isn't all that bad.

Delving deeper, there's really alot more to learn in creating your own blogshop. I was browsing the net the other and found a really good website on how to improve your blogshop traffic. It seems that behind all the pretty pictures and words on a blogshop, there is a whole throve of knowledge applied. It's like a whole new language that can even be described as sheer poetry. It's not as easy as it sounds, having your own blogshop. There are so many kinks and strategies you must use if you intend for your blogshop to be a success. For instance - credibility. This is one of the most important factors in bringing your blogshop to success. The most important even.

Put yourself in the consumer's shoes: You are looking to purchase an item from the internet. What's the first thing you would look for? That's right, it's credibility. Would you even consider purchasing an item when there is no vote of confidence behind it? For example, if you see something you really like on an internet blogshop and all the particular blogshop has is a picture of the item and a price below, with an email link to send a message to if you want to purchase the item, would you then be willing to part with your hard-earned cash to place a bet on an item you may not receive? You would worry about being cheated. You would wonder, who is the person you are getting this item from, is this person real? At the end of the day, with so many worries in mind, the ultimate result would be, to not purchase the item. Would you? I wouldn't.

Well then, to solve this problem what would you do? This blog's writer suggests that one should set up an "About Me" page to show consumers that you are actually "real". It seems that leaving one's facebook or friendster link would also help. At least, the consumers would know who they are buying from, and it makes them feel much safer, planting this thought in mind, "If this blogshop owner is really trying to cheat me, why would he/she be willing to post his/her details, I can easily find him/her". Another good way to promote credibility, is to ask your customers to leave testimonials on your blog about the value of your services. I mean anyone can claim "best condition", "best service","best value" or so on and so forth, but that is just an unsubstantiated claim, isn't it? He says, "Proving what you say will build credibility".

I agree very much with what he says. I find that, if you want to do business, it is important to put oneself in a consumer's shoes; to know what you want as a consumer. It is definitely the best way to know what they want, and in doing so, that is how you improve the traffic on your blogshop.

Thank you, Clemence, for your insight on managing a blogshop!

Link to Clemence's post if you missed it earlier:
http://www.blogshophelp.com/2008/06/how-credible-is-your-blogshop.html

0 comments: